Heroes of Ukraine

«Market Leader» - news and previews making you rich.

Wednesday, 11 December 09:18 (GMT -05:00)



Foreign exchange market

Brexit Won't Affect British Pound Just Yet, NordFX Experts Say


The balance of powers in the international currency market (also known as forex) influences many contemporary tendencies in the entire world. At the same time, traders and investors rely on accurate forex forecasts to earn money. That is why we keep on publishing those weekly consensus forecasts, courtesy of NordFX.
 
In particular, the local expert team has come up with another forecast based on the time-tested approach, which boils down to studying tons of related sources, expert opinions, as well as predictions made based on technical and graphical analysis.
 
EUR/USD.
 
When estimating the possible directions in which EUR/USD can move, when should definitely take into account several major events planned for the trading week, including macroeconomic reports, public speeches made by politicians and economists. On Tuesday, the Fed's Chairman is to hold a speech in the U.S. Congress. If the Fed isn't going to raise the interest rates, the pressure on the U.S. Dollar may increase. If that's the case, the EUR/USd exchange rate may increase all the way up to the pivot point of the mid-term sloping channel at 1.1400, with a possible move further up to 1.1500. However, this scenario is backed by 30% of the experts. The remaining 70% have the opposite point of view. They assume that a weaker Eurozone economy coupled with the chaos around the Brexit will eventually give the U.S. Dollar the uper hand, which will trigger a move down to 1.1215-1.1240.
 
GBP/USD
 
In this case, the key events to pay attention to are Theresa May's speech on Monday and Tuesday's Brexit voting in the British parliament. The parliament may reject the prime minister's offer once again, and after that Theresa May will have to make a tough decision. In particular, she may try to delay the Brexit or agree to quit the EU without a major agreement. Judging by the market sentiment, most investors are inclined to think that the British prime minister will eventually manage to win some time before quitting the EU for good. Anyways, 40% of the experts belive that the British Pound will succeed in standing the ground around 1.3000. Another 35% of them think that the pound will make it all the way up to 1.3200. The remaining 25% think the currency pair may go all the way down to 1.2770-1.2830. At the same time, it's interesting to note that a more expensive crude oil may back the pound's rally since crude oil and GBP are directly correlated and move pretty synchronously against USD.
 
USD/JPY
 
At the end of the past trading week, the Japanese Yen froze while waiting for move stimuli to push it to another exchange rate against the U.S. Dollar. Recently, the currency pair has been driven mostly by the worsening macroeconomic stats in the USA coupled with a possible recession in Germany, the trade war between Beijing and Washington as well as the biggest slowdown in the Chinese GDP growth over the last three decades. All of that altogether is the reason for growing pessimism among the international investors who are trying to estimate the near-term prospects fo the global economy in general and the Japanese economy in particular.
 

График Доллар Иена

 

At first sight, it seems that the mentioned factors have been playing against the U.S. Dollar and therefore should play in favor of the Japanese Yen as one of the safe-haven assets out there. At the same time, market players are interested in riskier assets with higher profitability. According to EPFR, since the beginning of 2019, international investors have invested some 16 billion dollars in ETFs related to emerging economies. Given the specifics of the current situation, around 70% of the experts have voted for a further downtrend fo the Japanese Yen, which implies a rally of the USDJPY up to 111.50, with a chance to get another 100 points up. It's interesting to note, that most D1 indicators back this scenario. The remaining 30% stick to the opposite idea - a move down to 109.60-110.00 for USDJPY.
 
Cryptocurrencies
 
Since the long-awaited launch of JMP Coin by J.P.Morgan, the international community has been waiting for similar moves from Facebook and Amazon, as well as a range of other major players in the international market. However, those companies still haven't disclosed an information about the their own coins. At the same time, the SEC and the CFTC, as some of the major financial regulators out there, will have to make a lot of decisions, including unpopular ones, to clean up the mess in the entire market. When it comes to the trends for the week, the experts are divided into several groups again. 40% of them anticipate a Bitcoin rally up to $4,200-4,400, with a further jump up to $4,485, the highest level since November 2018. BTC/USD moving inside the 3,900-4,100 range is the most likely scenario for 35% of the experts. The remaining 25% of the experts count on Bitcoin getting back into the 3,500-3,800 area.

 

You are free to discuss this article here:   forum for traders and investors

 

Add to blog
Got a question? – Ask it here »
 

Best Cryptocurrency Brokers Are Named

There's no denial the fact that cryptocurrencies are getting more and more popular these days. Apparently, the need for cryptocurrency exchanges is growing with them. With that being said, international experts have tested dozens of cryptocurrency exchanges to come up with a rating.

Publication date: 29 November 11:45 PM

Forex Treasure by Alpari: 20% on Deposit

These days, you cannot make a decent amount of money by simply depositing your money into a bank account and waiting for the interest to be credited to your account at the end of the investment period. When it comes to the dollar and other foreign currencies, international banks usually offer single-digit interest rates, somewhere around 3% or so. Some national banks had to introduce negative interest rates, which made depositing unprofitable right off the bat.

Publication date: 29 November 12:51 AM

Bitcoin Futures Are Now Traded On NYSE

The world's biggest stock exchange, which is the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), is reported to have started offering Bitcoin futures.

Publication date: 27 October 09:51 AM

"Forex Is A Scam" and Other Popular Myths About Forex

Almost each and every beginning forex trader who lost their money while trading forex thinks they have been scammed for money. Very few of them can actually face the truth and take a look at the situation at a different angle. Strange as it may seem, But such traders eventually succeed in financial markets and get rich trading them. Well, if you think for a while, that becomes quite obvious because such people aren't afraid of analysing the negative situation and drawing the right conclusions to avoid repeating those costly mistakes in the future. Those who learn from their own mistakes instead of repeating them over and over again, can eventually succeed in this business.

Publication date: 24 October 09:37 AM

Bitcoin Will Crash To $3000 Per Coin

In his latest YouTube video, a popular cryptocurrency expert named Alessio Rastani told his subscribers about the possibility of Bitcoin crashing all the way down to 3000 dollars per coin. So, is the BTC exchange rate really going to go that low in the near future? The expert started his review from evaluating the stock market sentiment cycle, which is a really significant part of market analysis. So, he did just that.

Publication date: 21 October 10:04 AM

Pound Will Drive Forex This Week

Before the start of the last trading week of October, the NordFX expert team has come up with another set of weekly consensus forecasts for the forex and cryptocurrency markets. When devising those forecasts, the experts gathered multiple expert opinions and tech analysis. As a result, we get the following picture:
Publication date: 21 October 12:15 AM

SEC Bans Telegram Tokens

Bad news for cryptocurrencies is coming from the USA. The SEC is reported to have banned Telegram's cryptocurrency. The tokens turned out to be unregistered assets and therefore are illegal as something that can be sold to American investors. This is what Bloomberg reported the other day.

Publication date: 15 October 11:33 AM

Dollar Will Keep Going Down, NordFX Experts Say

Right before the start of the last last trading  of this summer, NordFX experts came up with another set of market predictions for the forex and cryptocurrency markets. Their predictions are based on the consensus forecast compiled from various market forecasts made by various market experts as well as the result of technical analysis. The period is October 4th - 11th. So, this is what those predictions look like:
Publication date: 07 October 12:04 PM

Masterforex-V Names Worst Forex Brokers in September 2019

Masterforex-V Academy's rating of forex brokers gives you an unbiased and up-to-date picture of what's going on in the industry based on 20 criteria. One of the criteria is the amount and degree of the negative feedback provided by each broker's clients. In this article, we are going to dive deeper into the matter and find out which brokers turned out to be the worst ones in September and why.
 
Publication date: 03 October 05:21 AM

Bitcoin is only half-way down. Ethereum is stable.

The current state of affairs in the global cryptocurrency market leaves much to be desired. This is confirmed by a number of people who usually promote cryptocurrencies. John McAffee is clearly not one of them. He has always been very positive on the prospect of digital currencies. In particular, he believes that the BTC/USD exchange rate may eventually reach as much as 10 million dollars per coin. 
 
Publication date: 02 October 10:27 AM